IPI Accredited Courses
IPI ACCREDITED COURSES
The IPI inspects and accredits on invitation a number of planning courses across the island of Ireland. A list of currently accredited courses is shown below.
Accreditation by the IPI of a course indicates to future employers of graduates that the standard of education received has provided the person with the necessary skills to undertake a career as a planning professional, and is of considerable advantage to persons seeking to be recruited as planners to both the public and private sector.
Dublin Institute of Technology - http://www.dit.ie/DIT/built/spatial/index.html
- DT106 BSc in Planning & Environmental Management (4 year undergrad)
- DT123 MSc Spatial Planning (2.5 year part-time postgrad)
University College Dublin - http://www.ucd.ie/gpep/index.html
- Master of Regional and Urban Planning (MRUP) - 2-year course
- Accelerated 3+1 degree combining: BA Planning, Geography and Environment and MSc City Planning & Resilience (replacing he former MRUP Accelerated)
University College Cork - http://www.ucc.ie/en/mplan/mplancourse/
- Masters in Planning and Sustainable Development - M. Plan
The Institute also accepts, for graduate membership, professionally qualified planners who are already full members of member planning institutes of the European Council of Spatial Planners, and these can then go on to Corporate (full) membership of the Institute after having gained at least two years satisfactory experience in planning after obtaining the relevant membership, or other mechanisms under the EU Mutual Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications as defined under Article 11(d) of EU Directive 2005/36/EC.